CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Always a Bridesmaid…Never a Bride

One of my old friends from high school said that to me last year….I have to admit that I got pretty heated when she said that. When she said that, it made me feel like I was incomplete by not having a husband. Don’t get me wrong, I would love to get married some day…but I am content right now just being solo.

I have been in so many weddings….Let’s see...countless times when I was a little girl, I was always asked to be the Flower Girl. Since high school, I have been in Melissa’s wedding, Edythe’s wedding, Chelle’s wedding, Melissa’s second wedding, Mary Beth’s wedding, Kevin’s wedding as an honorary bridesmaid, Eric’s wedding as a greeter, and my brother, Dale’s wedding. I was asked to be in my cousin, Anna’s wedding, but I could not commit, because I was going to be in Texas. On August 2nd, I will be in my best friend, Chara’s wedding. I cannot wait!!! I am so excited for her and Nate.

I started to think about what each person means to me, and I am so happy that I could be a part of their special day. I am happy to have been in so many weddings. I am so thankful for each of these people in my life. Hopefully one day they can be a part of my special day.

So…right now…I am happy with, Always being the Bridesmaid, and Never the Bride!

0 comments: