CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Break-ins, Wrecks, Not boring at all.....

Yes…it is 6:00 in the morning on a Saturday, and I am writing a new post. I woke up this morning at 5:00, and I could not go back to sleep, so I thought I would write.

I work at a local church in the Columbia area, and if people think that working at a church is boring it is not. This week has been crazy. When I came in on Monday, apparently there was a break in over in the gym. Someone broke in about 5:30 that morning. Nothing was taken. Then on Thursday, there was an awful wreck that happened in the parking lot of the church. At the church were I work, it is built going down a hill, and we have an upper parking lot and a lower parking lot. Apparently this guy was teaching his 17 year old daughter how to drive. Well, she was attempting to Parallel Park, and she was going to back up but forgot to put the car in reverse. She laid down on the gas and over the embankment they went and landed in the lower parking lot, upside down. God was with that father and daughter. They landed upside down; the cab of the truck was completely crushed.

Needless to say that reminded me of another accident that I actually saw happen when I worked at First Baptist in Kershaw. The pastor, another youth pastor, and I were leaving the church to attend a conference in Columbia, when we were crossing the street a lady pulled out in front of a truck. It scared me to death. I do not do well in those kinds of situations. We called 911, and help the lady out of the car. Everyone was ok; she just had a few cuts from the glass. I took her to the restroom and bandage her up.

Well, I think that my burst of morning energy is leaving me, so I am going to try to go to sleep.

0 comments: